- June 10, 2019 - June 13, 2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
This course covers the OSHA Fall Protection Standard for construction and an overview of fall protection methods. Course topics include principles of fall protection, components and limitations of fall arrest systems, and OSHA Standards and policies regarding fall protection. This course meets the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers EM-385 fall protection requirements. Students will participate in workshops demonstrating the inspection and use of fall protection equipment, residential construction fall protection, training requirements, and developing a fall protection program. Upon course completion students will have the ability to assess compliance with the OSHA Fall Protection Standard, evaluate installed passive systems and fall arrest systems, and develop and implement fall protection plans. Minimum student contact hours: 26
NEW FALL PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS:
The new EM 385-1-1 Sections 21 and 24 have new fall protection and safe access requirements.
- Training requirements, to include refresher training.
- Work Platforms.
- Updated fall restraint requirements for Self-propelled Elevating Work Platforms (Scissor Lifts).
- Roofing work requirements for maintenance activities.
- Flowchart for work over water requirements.
- Rope Access work moved from Appendix P to Section 24. This section has been refined.
- Ladderway openings to incorporate OSHA Requirements.
- Requirement to maintain 3 points of contact on a ladder.
- Equipping harnesses with trauma straps.
THIS CLASS REQUIRES PPE: HARD HAT, SAFETY SHOES, SAFETY GLASSES AND SAFETY VEST FOR HANDS ON ACTIVITY
Venue: Springboro, OH
Venue Phone: 937-521-1574Address: